Call for applications - Agroforestery experts (Resident only)
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS - AGROFORESTRY / AGROECONOMY EXPERTS
The GSAC Alliance invites applications for the recruitment of 02 resident experts (M/F) specialized in agroforestry/Agroeconomics in Congo Brazzaville and the Democratic Republic of Congo in the framework of the implementation of the project "Support to Alternative Local Economic Development Initiatives for Great Apes Conservation in Central Africa".
About the GSAC Alliance
Created in 2016 and legalized in February 2017, the Alliance for the Conservation of Great Apes in Central Africa (Alliance GSAC) is a network of African NGOs working for the conservation of great apes in Central Africa. At present, its geographical area includes 4 countries of the Congo Basin (Congo-Brazzaville, Gabon, Cameroon, Congo-Kinshasa) and 07 NGO members (ESI Congo; PROGRAM; TF-RD; ERuDeF; SEKAKOH; Mbou Mont Tour and GACCEB) coming respectively from the 4 countries mentioned above.
The objective of the network is to strengthen the contribution of African NGOs in the conservation of great apes and the entire biodiversity of the forests of the Congo Basin. More specifically, the GSAC Alliance aims to :
- Strengthen the capacities (institutional and technical) of its members;
- Enhance the value of conservation work and results;
- Mobilize funds in favor of the latter.
As part of the implementation of the project "Support to Alternative Local Economic Development Initiatives for Great Ape Conservation in Central Africa" funded by the Nicolas Hulot Foundation, the GSAC Alliance is seeking consultants in Congo Brazzaville and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) with expertise and experience in agroforestry/Agroeconomics. Their main mission will be to accompany, respectively in these 2 countries, the NGOs ESI CONGO and GACEBB in the elaboration of an operational plan for the valorization of agroforestry with regard to the agro-ecological potential offered by their areas of intervention.
- Candidates must have at least 4 years of higher education in a field related to human development, agro-economics, economics, sociology or gender and development studies;
- Experience in carrying out socio-economic studies;
- Experience in the operation and financing of farmers' organizations;
- Experience in projects for the valorization of agricultural products;
- Experience in the identification of needs, elaboration and implementation of action plans integrating gender in development projects and strategies;
- A mastery of participatory tools and approaches;
- Mastery of the project area would be an asset.
Female applications are encouraged.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and read in full the attached terms of reference. The address for sending applications is indicated in the terms of reference.
Deadline for applications: September 30, 2020.
The IV General Assembly of the network is taking place next week in the Republic of Congo!01 Nov 19
Mbou-Mon-Tour and his fight for the protection of Nature and Human Being29 Jul 19
Intervention of the Alliance GSAC during a training organized by the cultural department of the French Embassy in Cameroon29 Jul 19