Call for applications - Ecotourism experts (résident only)
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS - ECOTOURISM EXPERTS
The GSAC Alliance calls for applications for the recruitment of 04 resident experts (M/F) specialized in ecotourism, in order to develop an operational ecotourism strategy in Cameroon (on the periphery of the Dja Biosphere Reserve and Deng-Deng National Park); in Gabon (on the periphery of the Moukalaba Doudou National Park); and in the Democratic Republic of Congo (in the territory of Bolobo, province of Maï-Ndombe).
About the GSAC Alliance
Created in 2016 and legalized in February 2017, the Alliance for the Conservation of Great Apes in Central Africa (Alliance GSAC) is a network of African NGOs working for the conservation of great apes in Central Africa. At present, its geographical area includes 4 countries of the Congo Basin (Congo-Brazzaville, Gabon, Cameroon, Congo-Kinshasa) and 07 NGO members (ESI Congo; PROGRAM; TF-RD; ERuDeF; SEKAKOH; Mbou Mont Tour and GACEBB) coming respectively from the 4 countries mentioned above.
The objective of the network is to strengthen the contribution of African NGOs in the conservation of great apes and the entire biodiversity of the forests of the Congo Basin. More specifically, the GSAC Alliance aims to :
- Strengthen the capacities (institutional and technical) of its members;
- Enhance the value of conservation work and results;
- Mobilize funds in favor of the latter.
As part of the implementation of the project "Support to Alternative Local Economic Development Initiatives for Great Ape Conservation in Central Africa" funded by the Nicolas Hulot Foundation, the GSAC Alliance is seeking consultants with expertise and experience in developing ecotourism strategies in Cameroon, Gabon and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
The main mission of the experts will be to accompany respectively in each of these countries, the NGOs TF-RD; ERuDeF; Mbou Mon Tour and PROGRAM in the elaboration of an operational plan to promote ecotourism in their different intervention sites.
- Candidates should have practical experience in guiding excursions and/or managing tourism companies;
- At least a Master degree in Tourism, Marketing and Communication, Management of Protected Areas or similar. Candidates who do not have a Master degree but who have valuable experience in the field are strongly encouraged to apply;
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in the private, public or NGO sector in the countries listed or internationally;
- Experience as a trainer as well as in team management;
- A practical understanding of the technical aspects of marketing and tourism operations in rural areas;
- Knowledge of the principles of responsible tourism and familiarity with UNWTO's STEP (Sustainable Tourism - Eliminating Poverty) methodology desired.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and read in full the attached terms of reference. The address for sending applications is mentioned in the terms of reference.
All applications must be sent no later than September 30, 2020 at 23:59 Central African time.
The IV General Assembly of the network is taking place next week in the Republic of Congo!01 Nov 19
Mbou-Mon-Tour and his fight for the protection of Nature and Human Being29 Jul 19
Intervention of the Alliance GSAC during a training organized by the cultural department of the French Embassy in Cameroon29 Jul 19